Monday 14 May 2012

Tailor ~ Pink Dress

Hey there peeps.

Since I now have more time on my hands to dedicate myself on projects and tasks other than school, this is what I've been up to. I stopped sewing after I graduated high school and, though I didn't hate sewing per se, I didn't love it either nor was I a professional on the task. Here's what I've accomplished.


Pattern I used by Simplicity No. 3503, Dress A

The layout and cutting it was a pain in the back
Front

Back

Accessorized with a thick, woven, black belt from Costa Blanca, black Aldo pumps, and a black tank underneath.

Yes, it's not perfect. The seams are wiggly, the hemming is sloppy, the raw edges are untrimmed, the gathering is uneven, the straps are misaligned, and it's just plain boring. I even bought myself a pair of pinking shears and it still didn't turn out the way I want it to. Oh well. I think it was a pretty good shot after, like what, four years give or take a couple of months. I'll try to improve my sewing skills in the future.

<3<3<3
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment