Thursday 3 November 2011

It Arrived

Actually I got it a while ago but was too lazy to write about it but this is about the MAC Holiday collection items that I had ordered online. I posted previous blog on the collection and now these are my thoughts in it once it's in my hands. The collection is now available in stores. I don't know since when but I saw it there two to three days ago.


What I purchased was the brush set and a lipstick. 

The lipstick I got is the colour What Joy! According to the site, it's a deep berry colour or just a dark purple  to me with a reddish-brown tint to it. It didn't specify what kind of lipstick it was on the site so when I got it I found out it's Satin but that's ok with me. It's not matte but it's not to shiny either. I like how pigmented it is and the white packaging. It doesn't have the vanilla-ish smell that most MAC lipsticks do or maybe it's just mine. I also noticed that it tends to stain my lips after I take it off. It could be my method or the lipstick. Either way I'm glad I bought this lipstick and I like it very much.

 
The brush kit was what I was really looking forward to. I was a bit disappointed with the the makeup bag in came with. Clear plastic with a silver circle in the middle which also seems to be a little pocket as well. Not so exciting. The brushes are good quality even if they are smaller and probably not hand made like the full sized brushes. Most of them exist already in full size too so it's all good. The bristles of the brushes are white, which scares me a little 'cuz it might stain, and the handles are clear plastic with silver glitter in them. It's supposed to represent a snow globe according to the site. It's cute and all but too basic. I still like this though and will have great fun with it. 

The set came with two face brushes and three eye brushes: 167SE, 168SE, 217SE, 212SE, and 239SE.



<333
M.

No comments:

Post a Comment