Saturday 29 October 2011

Five Favourite Make-up Essentials

I don't know why I picked five. I clearly have a lot more than five but perhaps it's 'cuz it sounds better with the word 'favourite,' but either way here it is.

1. NARS Lipstick in Fast Ride
 


I love this lipstick and it also cost me a fortune. Ok not really, but it is very expensive for a lipstick. Fast Ride is a dark purple but when it's on, it's sheer and not as harsh as one would think dark purple would be. What I love about this lipstick is how it looks vampy and sultry yet sophisticated and classy. I also love the packaging but everything NARS makes is awesome, least the packaging anyways (I haven't tried everything they made). Although I'm almost out of this, because it's so expensive, I might not purchase another one for a while. We'll see how desperate I get. ;)


2. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Eraser (Concealer)

I just recently got hooked on this concealer. I have in the colour 30, which is Medium and it definitely works to erase my dark circles. I love how blendable it is and smooth. It doesn't cake under my eyes and the applicator that's attached to it is soft as well. I don't use it to blend though since it's where all the concealer comes out of, so I usually use my clean fingers or a brush. It was kinda pricey for a drug store concealer but I feel like it's worth it.

3. EOS lip balm in...I forgot the name of it but it's green and has Shea butter


These are the cutest little lip balms ever. I love the shape and the texture and they're super moisturizing. I just went through the corally-pink fruit one and now I'm on my greenish Shea butter one. The only problem I have with these is that sometimes the smell can be annoying, so I tend to change it up once in awhile. Also that due to their round, egg-like shape, it's difficult to store or stash in a small/crowded purse (or even your pockets). Other then that, I love these and I take 'em with me everywhere.

4. Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner in Trooper


This eyeliner is my all time favourite liner. It's a pen liner and the tip is so thin! The brush isn't floppy but it isn't so stiff that you poke your lash line. I like how dark the liner is too and the finish when it dries is matte with little to no shine. Love it! I kinda wanna try her other colours but I'll stick with one for now.


5. Voluminous Million Lash mascara


Not only is the mascara good but it's hecka cheap too. I've really been into the plastic-y bend-y brushes for mascara and this one's got it. I like the formula too. Very volumizing.  I have this in black, dunno what kind of black but it's still black and it work wonders to my straight little Asian lashes :P

What are your five favourite make-up essentials?

<333
Mila

Images via Sephora, NARS Cosmetics, and Google

No comments:

Post a Comment